Monday, June 16, 2014

Referral

I thought when we got a referral I would scream that news from the mountain tops!!  That I would be so excited that my fb friends wouldn't be able to NOT know.  :) 
 
It's just not the case. 

There are many factors that have played into this discovery.  The main one is that it's not a sure thing.  We have received information about a child, but we won't know if it's going to be our forever child, until the investigations are complete and our attorney and agency are comfortable enough with the case to proceed.  And even then, I won't be able to breathe easy.  We will still have to get through court, and the embassy and multiple other hoops.  I know that I will not be able to relax until we are on the plane heading home from Africa.  That's just something I know about me. There are a lot of potential hiccups on this journey. 

One of the other factors is that it. is. sad.  In order for a child to be an orphan and need us to adopt them, they have suffered a loss.  I have not just realized that fact, but it is made more real when you are faced with a specific child and a personal story of loss.

It's heartbreaking.

Please pray for this new stage in the process, for the people involved in the investigation, and that if they find some family that they will be able to care for the child.  That would be sad for us, but it would be blessing for the child either way.  We are trying to guard our hearts and prepare them for either option.

I keep telling myself not to get excited...yet.  buuuuut, I spent the 2 days after the email getting Jaxon's new room ready and moved him upstairs.  And have spent my spare time researching how to care for African hair. ;)

Thanks, Village, for being along with us on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment