Thursday, January 23, 2014

It's still January

and I am still under attack. 

My kids have been sick with the flu for almost a week.  So we have been under house arrest with a few restrictions.  We have gone to a drive-thru here and there and my fabulous in-laws came over last night for an hour so I could take dinner to the Children's Haven.  Hooray for listening to Lorde as loud as my soccer mom speakers could blast it. 
I am also sad to report, that we are not going to be able to have a fundraiser at Chicfila.  They called me this morning and apologized.  The manager that Mikeblair spoke to, when he stopped by a few weeks ago, was new and didn't know their policy on fundraisers.  I guess they are asked all of the time for many different things and had to draw the line somewhere.  They only do schools.  Of course, I am disappointed, but I understand and I still love what they are doing for our community on so many levels. 

The message that we were waiting for from the baby home in Uganda still has not come.  I did receive news that there is a meeting coming up that has made her hesitant to do anything until afterward.  She said that it sounds like they are discouraging the baby homes from inter-country adoption, wanting them to do more in-country adoptions.  Our attorney doesn't seem concerned, so I am trying to remain positive.  When the average age person in the country is 19, and it is the size of Oregon with 2.5 million orphans... I know they need help.  Who is able to adopt in-country? 
Feeling my January, yet?

The t-shirt guys is super backed up, but that is still in the works!  And he is being really good to us on the price!  It's going to be an awesome shirt I can't wait to share it with you all!  Thank you for being my village, even while I remain to be DebbieDowner for approximately 8 more days.



Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.   NLT
 
Praying and waiting for him to show us the path.  Please, join us.

2 comments:

  1. I remember something a wise 18 year old girl told me once.... "if you're ever gonna see a rainbow, you gotta stand a little rain"! ... sound familiar? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh, she was so silly. :) Thank you for the reminder, Felicia, love you and your genuine support. You are an integral part of my community! XO

    ReplyDelete