Thursday, January 9, 2014

the January Funk

Happy New Year!!!

I meant... :/ 

I never love January.  It has rubbed me wrong for all of my adult life.  I remember not caring at all, about it as a teenager, but since adulthood I have always found myself in a nasty funk that I later look back on and realized, "oh, it's just January, again."  Not to mention, that we just experienced 19 days off of routine.  It is even a little bit more annoying right now because I KNOW that I do this, and I am still doing it. (i.e. sitting around, eating too much sweets, not responding to my friends when they reach out to me, ugh! look away I'm hideous!)  Please, if you are being ignored, don't take it personally.  Just know that I am cranky, and you are better off waiting to visit with me until....spring.  ugh
 


If you are still reading after I have volunteered too much information about my psychosis...   I wanted to update my lovely village that we have a shirt design in the works! YAY!  My super talented brother is on it. no you can't have him and don't ask him to do anything for you, at least not until he is finished helping me.  We have a dear friend that I was venting describing my ideas to, I want it to be original and meaningful, artsy but not homely, so my people will want to wear it.  A few days later he came back with an idea that we loved, I wasn't even sure that he had been listening to me ;)  I am very excited to show you.  Soon((squeal!!)) 
meanwhile- we are trying to get on the books at our local Chicfila for a fundraiser.  MikeBlair stopped and spoke with a manager who said that they would help us out!!  YAY AGAIN! 
Not sure of the date that we will be hosting it, but you will know as soon as I do.  It's very simple, you get to NOT cook supper, come grab some chicken and tell them you are part of our village, and they will donate a portion of their proceeds to our adoption! So blessed :D even if it is January.

No comments:

Post a Comment